Java Jni Virtual Machine Error Just For Dreamcraft 2

Discussion in 'Dream Craft' started by Jaknessss, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Jaknessss

Jaknessss New Member

Crazy Craft 3.2 runs fine, so does JurassicCraft. However, Dream Craft 2.0 just wont start. I get the "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" error. I have tried just about everything. I increased memory by factors of 512mb in the VoidsWrath launcher, changed virtual memory in System, added a _Java_Options value -Xmx512M, which made none of the mods load regardless of what value I put in, etc., etc. I always did one variable at a time, saved, restarted and tried each option for every potential fix. Really a shame that it has to be this difficult.

No crash log-just the run time errors. Minecraft vanilla works fine, plus a variety of mods created in different versions/profiles. Tried to create a profile and just change .minecraft to .dreamcraft2 with Forge for 1.6.4, and increasing the memory with the JVM argument. No go. I have learned way more about the inner workings of MC, Java, Mods, etc, than I ever thought I would. I know there is a solution, but for the life of me, just can't figure this one out. I am now on a quest to get this to work!! Who is up for the challenge?

Windows 10, 8GB Ram, 64bit system, Java JDK with 64 bit SE Environment, NVidia GeForce GT 720

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. Sawtooth44

Sawtooth44 Unpaid moderator Staff Member Voidlauncher Support

8MB of ram? that dose not sound right
    i think you ment 8GB of ram

3. Jaknessss

Jaknessss New Member

Yes, in my haste to get this post up, after spending 2 days and countless hours of troubleshooting, it appears I made one typographical error. Thank you, 8 GB of memory. OK, now we can get to the solution!

4. Sawtooth44

have you looked in the New FAQ on a walk through of a windows 10 fix
    just remember it was not made by staff as no one realy knows a proper "cure all" fix for the java error

5. Jaknessss

Jaknessss New Member

Thanks, I'll take a look. With so many variables, OS, CPU architecture,
    Memory, Java versions and arguments, MC, Unique Modpacks, Launcher, etc. it
    becomes challenging to pinpoint cause and effect. Especially if you are a
    novice- sorry, I mean "noob."

6. Sawtooth44

who you calling noob?

7. Jaknessss

Jaknessss New Member

Myself. You almost need to be an IT expert to play a mod when it does not automatically work—I am not.

8. Sawtooth44

well you aint a noob
    your a novice

noob is when you choose to be bad at something

9. BionicFinn

BionicFinn New Member

HOW DID YOU FIX IT!!!! (I need help really bad)

10. BionicFinn

BionicFinn New Member

This is whats happening to me